We offer free Peer Support Groups to adults in the Leeds Metropolitan District who want to learn to better manage their mental health.
All of our Trustees, Facilitators and Administrators are volunteers. We are ordinary everyday people. Most of us continue to actively manage our own mental health. We are living proof, if that were needed, that Peer Support works.
There are currently six Trustees, including two founding Trustees who helped establish the Charity in March 2020.
The Trustees would like to bring in fresh perspectives and even greater diversity, as well as broadening the range of skills and experiences available to the Charity.
The Board meets formally once a month for about 90 minutes by Zoom. Trustees sometimes organise interim ‘working sessions’ to focus on particular action points.
In addition to the General Responsibilities of all Peer Support Plus CIO Trustees, the particular duties of our Secretary Trustees are to ensure:
- The Board of Trustees meets its legal obligations, including charity law, Charity Commission reporting and insurance requirements.
- Proper administration of Board of Trustees meetings including scheduling dates, agreeing agendas, minutes, action points, communications, etc.
- Monitor the progression of actions agreed by the Board.
- The Charity’s Register of Members is maintained; that they are kept informed about our progress; and given appropriate notice of opportunities to attend and vote at AGMs, and any Extraordinary or Special General Meetings.
- The Peer Support Plus CIO – Annual Report is produced, formally agreed, sent to Members and relevant public bodies, and made publicly available.
The Secretary Trustee’s role description is available to download from the Documents page of our website https://www.peersupportplus.org/documents/.
If you are interested in exploring the possibility of volunteering as our Secretary Trustee and would like to explore further, please email your telephone number to Lisa our Chair of Trustees email@example.com or leave a message at 07434 614 829.
Lisa will try to call back for an informal chat at a time that suits you.
This advert also appears on Be Collective.